Wednesday, October 11, 2006

06 August

Leaky trunk
Well after weeks of scrapping and rubbing down all the old boot rubber seal is off, it was so hard and brittal that there was only one thing for it, and that was hard graft but now its over and hopefully I get the new seal on next week and hey presto the boot stays dry..... we will see...Has anyone changed the door rubbers are they fitted the same way.... I hope not.....

21:54
Add a comment
Read comments (2)
Permalink
Trackbacks (0)
Blog it
Permalink
http://nevehome.spaces.live.com/
Add a comment

09 July

Lazy Power Steering
Well end of another day grafting away on the car. This time its the power steering pump that's given up the ghost, so yesterday mornimg it was out with the spanners and off it all came that is the power steering gear, pump, ram and hoses, after a visit to an old school buddy who told me to buy a "bullworker", as I know he's into american cars I thought he may have had a pump for my car but all he could offer was a GM. item and it would take as long to fabricate some brackets to fit it, as taking off all the works and converting over to rack asnd pinion and some...

00:58
Add a comment
Read comments (3)
Permalink
Trackbacks (0)
Blog it
Permalink
http://nevehome.spaces.live.com/
Add a comment

25 June

Garage
Whilst my beloved 'stang was away in a garage, early this year. I was robbed, now I will do all my own repairs, I really do enjoy tinkering, as some people call it, I call it improving and I have done some really good jobs on my stang and I am not going to be robbed again, anything I can't do doesn't get done until I have learnt how to do it??

16:51
Add a comment
Permalink
Trackbacks (0)
Blog it
Permalink
http://nevehome.spaces.live.com/
Add a comment

11 March

Look New
Well if your reading this you've probably looked at my slideshow of the new 2006 model....... yes its available from SMC Northfleet, Kent and they have a Yellow Fastback in stock at the moment as I have seen it as I passed their storage yard over the fence, from the window of my artic.

13:28
Add a comment
Read comments (1)
Permalink
Trackbacks (0)
Blog it
Permalink
http://nevehome.spaces.live.com/
Add a comment

19 February

Charging Sorted?
Well I think I have sorted my charging problem, after reading "Chiltern's Workshop Manual" about how to test voltage regulators, I found that where it says terminals "a" and "i" should have 12 volts supply I found that terminal "a" has no spade connector in the terminal block so protem a small piece of wire bridging terminals "a" and "i" and bobs your uncle it works 14 volts at the battery when you rev the ol' girl up and 13.2 volts on tick-over. So hopefully its done and dusted.

15:59
Add a comment
Permalink
Trackbacks (0)
Blog it
Permalink
http://nevehome.spaces.live.com/
Add a comment

21 January

Help
Please somebody help me...... I'm pulling my hair out with this one new alternator and voltage control and still the battery goes flat...........

00:37
Add a comment
Read comments (1)
Permalink
Trackbacks (0)
Blog it
Permalink
http://nevehome.spaces.live.com/
Add a comment

still got trouble
Well I couldn't wait for the new alternator to arrive, and when it did, I fitted and started the ol' girl up and she run like a dream. I went out for a drive and visited a friend, then come home parked her up and went to bed, got up the next morning only to find it wouldn't start again..... the problem a flat battery... back to the drawing board as we say...... but the new alternator is charging and the battery is new and I also fitted a new regulator.... so I thought it was the ammeter which never seems to show any reading but he is an induction type, so really shouldn't give any trouble...... but I think he does......more to follow.

00:36
Add a comment
Permalink
Trackbacks (0)
Blog it
Permalink
http://nevehome.spaces.live.com/
Add a comment

Shopping list
Mustangs PlusMustang Spares and Help
Pony BuilderCustomize Your New 2006 Mustang GT
California MustangsMustang Spares and Help
Mustang WorldMustang Spares and Help
Vintage MustangMustang Spares and Help For '65-'73
ARP a.k.a Gary Heal 07002289351, 07703336335 Mustang Spares available by post from uk-based parts dealer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home